- January, 2017
- February, 2017
- March, 2017
- January, 2016
- February, 2016
- March, 2016
- April, 2016
- May, 2016
- June, 2016
- July, 2016
- August, 2016
- September, 2016
- October, 2016
- November, 2016
- December, 2016
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- December, 2015
- January, 2014
- February, 2014
- March, 2014
- April, 2014
- May, 2014
- June, 2014
- July, 2014
- August, 2014
- September, 2014
- October, 2014
- November, 2014
- December, 2014
- January, 2013
- February, 2013
- March, 2013
- April, 2013
- May, 2013
- June, 2013
- July, 2013
- August, 2013
- September, 2013
- October, 2013
- November, 2013
- December, 2013
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said that the Centre’s indifference is responsible for the situation in tea gardens, on her way back to Kolkata after winding up her two-day trip to north Bengal. She said that the State Government, keeping in mind the problem of poor tea workers, has accepted a Rs. 100 crore project. The project will be implemented soon, she said.
• In two separate programmes covering two districts Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched the historic Sabuj Sathi projects in the Uttar and Dakshin Dinajpur today. The Hon’ble Chief Minister was present at a Government programme at Dharampur, Goalpokhar Block – I, Uttar Dinajpur at around 11:15 AM today and inaugurated and laid foundation stones of a bouquet of projects including Dialysis unit in Zilla Hospital, 100% rural electrification and a polytechnic college in Itahar. She distributed a rage of benefits and services including cycles of Sabuj Sathi to the students. She also flagged of the start of Ambedkar Divas in to be celebrated across the State, on December 30, at block-level, to celebrate the 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar, from the venue. Later in the day, the Hon’ble Chief Minister traveled to Dakshin Dinajpur where she addressed another Government programme and launched the Sabuj Sathi Scheme for the district from Bagh It in Tapan. Here, she also inaugurated a bouquet of projects, laid foundation of numerous developmental projects including a circuit house in Buniyadpur, a youth hostel in Balurghat and water supply projects for tribal areas and distributed several benefits including cycles for Sabuj Sathi.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today launched the Sabuj Sathi project for the South 24 Parganas from Mathurapur Circus Ground. She inaugurated numerous projects ranging from CCU in Canning Block Hospital, Karma Tirtha in Sagar, ITIs in different blocks and laid foundation stones for a bouquet of projects. On the day, the Hon’ble Chief Minister also distributed different grants, scholarships and benefits besides giving out cycles to students under Sabuj Sathi scheme.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said she wants a table tennis academy to be built in the state. She was speaking at the prize distribution ceremony at the 77th Cadet and Sub-Junior National Table Tennis Championships, at Netaji Indoor Stadium.
• The Biswa Bangla Lok Sanskriti Utsav for promoting folk artists was inaugurated today Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. The festival will continue till 1 January. A special floating stage has been set up at Lal Dighi near Writers’ Buildings for the event. Two venues have been selected for holding the festival, namely Princep Ghat (4 PM – 8 PM daily) and Lal Dighi (3 PM – 6 PM daily).
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched the helicopter service from Digha to Kolkata today.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said that the beach town Digha and its surrounding areas would soon appear more beautiful as a tourist attraction with the agencies working on it to give it a shape. The Hon’ble Chief Minister, who arrived in Digha last evening, walked along the beach, visited various spots. She chaired an administrative meeting with the officials in the Purba Medinipur district and local civic bodies at Digha to discuss about the development of this beach town as part of the coastal area development plan.
• In her three-day visit to East Midnapore, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited Nayachar. She was accompanied by a team of industrialists. The Hon’ble Chief Minister and the team of the industrialists scouted the place as a possible eco-tourism destination. From Nayachar the Chief Minister headed for Tekhali in Nandigram.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated hundreds of projects and lay the foundation stones of many more in East Midnapore district. She also launched the ‘Sabuj Sathi’ project in the district during a public meeting at Nandigram. She distributed benefits like different agriculture and fishing equipment, pattas, cycles, loans to the beneficiaries. Besides this, many people received financial assistance under different schemes. Students received bicycles under Sabuj Sathi scheme from the Hon’ble Chief Minister.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched a fleet of 19 buses for eight routes in Hooghly district today. The move is aimed at making transport even more hassle-free for common people. She also inaugurated a host of other projects and laid the foundation stones for many more at a Government programme in Dankuni. She distributed cycles to students under Sabuj Sathi scheme and land pattas to beneficiaries along with many other benefits.
• On the occasion of Minority Rights Day, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at a programme at Furfura Sharif in Hooghly. She announced the formation of Furfura Sharif Development Authority on the day.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched the Sabuj Sathi scheme for Murshidabad district at a government programme held at Dhamua Sports Complex in Sagardighi. She also inaugurated the 500 MW third unit of the Sagardighi Power Project. She inaugurated a bouquet of developmental projects for the district ranging from two super specialty hospitals at Jangipur and Sagardighi blocks, a number of health centres, government buildings, youth hostels, water supply projects to model schools and Karma Tirthas. A number of projects like new roads, Government and school buildings, arsenic-free water supply projects were initiated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister by laying foundation stones. Besides, cycles under Sabuj Sathi, the Chief Minister also distributed benefits and grants including Kanyashree, Sikshashree and Kisan Credit Cards.
• The 5th edition of the Kolkata Christmas Festival was inaugurated today evening by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Allen Park in the Park Street in the presence of Archbishop Thomas D’Souza and Bishop Ashoke Biswas. Eminent members of the Christian community along with Hon’ble Tourism Minister Bratya Basu were present on the occasion.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today inaugurated a bouquet projects and laid the foundation stone of many more in Malda. She also launched the ‘Sabuj Sathi’ project in the district during a public meeting. The Hon’ble Chief attended a government programme at Gajol College ground near Malda town. She distributed different agriculture equipment and other items to the beneficiaries. Besides this, many people received financial assistance under different schemes. Students got bicycles under Sabuj Sathi scheme.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today inaugurated Bangla Sangeet Mela 2015-16 at Nazrul Mancha. Like every year, the Hon’ble Chief Minister felicitated a galaxy of stars from the music world with Sangeet Samman for their contribution to the field. Apart from mainstream artists, folk artists were honoured too. A special category of awards was created named after the iconic artists who defined the golden era of music, like Pulak Bandyopadhyay, Hemanta Mukhopdhyay, Salil Chowdhury, SD Barman, Pratima Bandyopadhyay, RD Barman, Firoza Begum and others. Some of the recipients under this category were Samir Khasnabis, Rupam Islam, Dillep Roy, Dilip Das, Subhomita, Aneek Dhar and Kartik Das Baul, Subhankar Banerjee, Suparno Kanti Ghosh, Rajib Banerjee. Bishesh Sangeet Samman was awarded to Dwijen Mukhyopadhyay, Ajoy Chakraborty and Sandhya Mukherjee. Apart from them, Shantanu Moitra was honoured with Maha Sangeet Samman along with Mohammad Aziz, Kumar Bose, Shibaji Chattopadhyay, Sriradha Bandyopadhyay, Dileep Kumar Bose and fakir Alamgir. Nachiketa was given special Sangeet Samman.
• The West Bengal Assembly today unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to former Speaker Hashim Abdul Halim, the longest-serving Speaker of any Legislative Assembly in the country, who passed away recently. Speaking on the resolution in the state Assembly, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressed her deep condolence on former Speaker’s demise and extended sympathies to the bereaved family members, who were present in the House as guests.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee assured that the State Government will extend all cooperation to any organisation, national or international, working on dyslexia, in setting up centres in the State and carrying out research. She was speaking at a seminar on dyslexia organised by Dyslexia Management Trust at International Management Institute where she was present.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after returning to Kolkata from her three-day visit to Delhi said she has discussed all the major issues including Tea, jute, flood, drought situation, concerning the State with the Central Government during her visit to the national capital.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee met the Hon’ble Prime Minister to India and reiterated the demands of the State to him. She said that Bengal should not be deprived and neglected and raised this issue with the Hon’ble Prime Minister. The State has been repeatedly asking for funds from the Centre for relief and rehabilitation of flood victims in 12 districts, but no money was received from the Centre as well as funds for funds that are outstanding for other developmental projects. There should be a full-fledged meet of Niti Ayog where Chief Ministers can raise issues of their States, the Hon’ble Chief Minister said.
• On her way to a 3-day visit to Delhi, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee reached Durgapur. Later on the day, she left for Delhi by taking the first ever flight from newly constructed Andal airport to the national capital.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present in the third Tele Academy Award presentation ceremony at Nazrul Mancha. In a glittering ceremony before a packed house, outstanding performers in the world of television and entertainment were given awards in recognition of their glorious contribution and performance. For the first time, Hall of Fame recognition was bestowed upon the legendary cine personalities Soumitra Chattopadhyay, Sabyasachi Chakraborty, Sabitri Chattopadhyay and Madhavi Mukhopadhyay.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee flagged off the “Sabuj Sathi” at Suri, Birbhum and inaugurated and laid foundation of a bouquet of new facilities and services for the district under various government schemes. Thousands of cycles to school-going boys and girls and other benefits were distributed on the occasion. She informed that the Government has formed the Tarapith-Rampurhat Development Authority in February, 2015 for focused development of Tarapith and adjoining areas. Within this short time, quite a lot of work, like cleaning of River Dwaraka, decongesting traffic flow at Tarapith, beautification of temple areas has been done. Tarapith Gate and major tourism and infrastructure projects are on the anvil to turn Tarapith into a site of major tourist attraction in the country, she informed.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee during her visit Bandwan in Purulia district today announced a fund of Rs 50 crore for people affected by drought. She launched the Sabuj Sathi scheme for the district and inaugurated and laid foundation stone for several developmental projects.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid a visit to the 126-years old Data Saheb Majar at Patharchapuri, Birbhum. She informed that a master plan has been prepared by the government to develop the area, which includes construction of Marketing Hub, tourist rest house, Drainage system, water pipe lines, bathing ghats and a Welcome Gate.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee felicitated outstanding sports personalities for their valuable contribution in respective fields of sports. The felicitation ceremony was held at Netaji Indoor Stadium earlier today. She conferred lifetime Khel Ratna awards to legendary footballer and former Indian captain PK Banerjee and Tennis ace and former captain of India in Davis Cup, Akhtar Ali. Thirty one players were felicitated with Khel Samman while 11 coaches were honoured with Krira Guru Awards. The State Government extended support to clubs for their infrastructure development and encouraging sports and games. To make world-class players, the Government has also taken decision to form an Expert Committee with representations from leading sports enthusiasts, to identify various fields of sports and talents and suggest suitable roadmap, informed the Hon’ble Chief Minister. She also informed that the Government has decided to build a modern stadium with indoor and outdoor facilities in New Town where suitable land has been identified. Altogether there are 26 new stadiums which are coming up in different parts of the state, she said.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, on her visit to Bardhaman district flagged off the Sabuj Sathi scheme for the district. She addressed a public meeting at Mangalkote, where she inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for a bouquet of projects. She also distributed several benefits including Kanyashree, Yuvashree, Sikshashree, financial assistance for natural disasters and a host of other such services.