- January, 2017
- February, 2017
- March, 2017
- January, 2016
- February, 2016
- March, 2016
- April, 2016
- May, 2016
- June, 2016
- July, 2016
- August, 2016
- September, 2016
- October, 2016
- November, 2016
- December, 2016
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- December, 2015
- January, 2014
- February, 2014
- March, 2014
- April, 2014
- May, 2014
- June, 2014
- July, 2014
- August, 2014
- September, 2014
- October, 2014
- November, 2014
- December, 2014
- January, 2013
- February, 2013
- March, 2013
- April, 2013
- May, 2013
- June, 2013
- July, 2013
- August, 2013
- September, 2013
- October, 2013
- November, 2013
- December, 2013
• On her three-day visit to North Bengal, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee explored the area around Suntalekhola in Dooars, by taking a walk in the locality. Hon’ble Chief Minister trekked up to Mouchuki in the Neoravalley Reserve Forest. She expressed her desire to plan to develop a large scale tourism circuit comprising the entire area consisting Mouchuki, Suntalekhola, Samsing and Rocky Island. She met the local people and spent time with the children. She took stock of the roads and the facilities in the area and pointed out to the officials present the need to take measures develop facilities for tourists. She also expressed the need of setting up a youth hostel in the area.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on a three-day visit to North Bengal took stock of the local facilities at Suntalekhola in Duars. Hon’ble Chief Minister took upon a 7 km trek from Suntalekhola to Mouchuki under Neoravalley Reserve Forest. On her way, she mingled with the local people and children and inquired about their availing of different facilities. The Hon’ble Chief Minister took stock of the facilities granted to tourists and instructed the officials to take up specific steps for better provisions.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that Nadia district has won international acclaim in “Sabar Souchagar” project under “Mission Nirmal Bangla”. The United Nations Public Services Awards Committee has shortlisted this project for the prestigious international UN Public Services Award, 2015. Moreover, Loughborough University, United Kingdom has selected the project as “An Inspiring District Level Model for eliminating open defecation in India” to be presented at the 38th WEDC International Conference in London, in July, 2015, the Chief Minister informed.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wishes all on the occasion of Ram Navami.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that to ensure food security and nutrition, more than 6 Crore people, out of 9.13 Crore population of the State get foodgrains at highly subsidized rates from public distribution system. Now around 3 Crore people of the state are availing this benefit and getting foodgrains at Rs. 2 per KG. Hon’ble Chief Minister informed that to implement this scheme in a robust manner and strengthen the public distribution system, bar coded or quick response coded digital ration cards are being issued to all the eligible beneficiaries. She informed that the Government has already started distribution of such digital ration cards of Dakshin Dinajpur district from 17th March, 2015 and very soon the distribution will take place in other districts too.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee congratulates Saina Nehwal, the first Indian woman to become World no. 1 in badminton and the newly-crowned India Open Champion .
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that in 2014-15, the State has created irrigation potential over 57,000 hectares of land under Minor Irrigation Sector through the scheme ‘Reserve and Preserve Water’ – ‘Jal Dharo Jal Bharo’.. The target for 2015-16 is 62,000 hectares and this will give significant boost to agricultural productivity in the State, she informed. The Hon’ble Chief Minister informed that in May 2011, a target was taken to create 50 thousand water bodies in five years’ time. In less than four years upto end February 2015, one lakh twenty-one thousand water bodies have been created in the State, she said. The scheme is not only environment and eco-friendly, but it provides livelihood through fisheries developed in these water bodies and preserves water for use in dry season, Hon’ble Chief Minister said.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee greeted the people of Bangladesh on the occasion of the Nation’s 45th Independence Day.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that the State has topped in executing the Clean Ganga mission schemes among the five states through which the river Ganges flows, as par a recent report of the Ministry of Water Resources. The data shows that Bengal also has the highest number of sanctioned projects and completed 24 out of the 30 sanctioned projects. These projects are being implemented in 24 towns across the state, with a sanctioned cost of Rs 1352 Crore, the Hon’ble Chief Minister informed.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee congratulated the 62nd National Film Award winners from West Bengal and other parts of India.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee condoled the passing away of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, the former Prime Minister of Singapore. She offered her deepest condolence to his son Mr. Lee Hsien Loong, the Prime Minister of Singapore, whom she had met during her visit in August last year, his family members and to the people of Singapore.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee congratulated veteran actor Shashi Kapoor ji for being conferred Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished all on the occasion Cheti Chand.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished all on the occasion of Ugadi, Gudi Padwa and Navratri.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wrote to the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India for his intervention regarding immediate repair of the Farakka Barrage.
• Considering the seriousness and sensitivity of the case and also the fact that the place of incidence is very close to border area, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announces the decision to entrust investigation of the Ranaghat incident of 14th March, 2015 to CBI. She announces that the Government will provide all necessary co-operation and assistance to the CBI for investigation in this case.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a meeting with the Hon’ble High Commissioner of Pakistan at Nabanna, who paid a courtesy visit to her. The Hon’ble High Commissioner of Pakistan also extended invitation to the Hon’ble Chief Minister to visit Pakistan.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a meeting with His Eminence Baselios Cardinal Cleemis, Catholicos Major Arch Bishop of Trivandrum and President of Catholic Bishops Conference of India and his colleagues, at Nabanna.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at the foundation stone laying ceremony of a unique “Sky Walk” project in Dakshineswar. It will be an exclusive elevated walkway connecting bus stand, railway station, taxi stand, auto stand directly to the temple, which the visitors can use to reach the temple very smoothly, avoiding traffic congestion on Rani Rashmoni Road. She also felicitated the medal winners from Bengal in the 35th National Games. Five Critical Care Units in government hospitals at Alipurduar, Basirhat, Uluberia, Tamluk and Asansol and 1 High Dependency Unit in Haldia were also inaugurated via remote control from the same stage. Patients will get free treatment from all these emergency medical facilities. On this day, the Government also launched Digitized Ration Cards for the first time in the State. More than 5 Crore beneficiaries will get Digitized Ration Cards soon, which will significantly strengthen the public distribution system network.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee addressed a press conference at Nabanna, before leaving for Ranaghat. She reiterated her commitment to swift probe and said that the culprits will be taken in custody, no matter where they are.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata visited the Convent at Ranaghat, had a meeting with the Archbishop and called on the nun, to check on her health at the hospital.
• On the initiatives of the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Krishak Divas is celebrated in all blocks of the State. Farmers who have accomplished major feats are awarded with Krishak Ratna awards.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present in a programme organized by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation at Rabindra Sarobar Stadium where she announced that the Government will lay down a number of provisions for the hawkers including being given legal recognition, social security benefits under SASPFUW and other such schemes. The Hon’ble Chief Minister shared a toll free number and IVRS numbers to assist hawkers. The Toll free number is: 1800-3453375 and the IVRS numbers are: 033-2226-9909 and 033-2286-1212.
• Veteran actor and Member of Rajya Sabha, Jaya Bachchan calls on the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Nabanna.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee pays a courtesy visit to the ailing Swami Atmasthananda, the President of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, at Sishu Mangal hospital.
• A meeting was held between Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in the Parliament House Complex. In the meeting, Hon’ble Chief Minister informed the Hon’ble Prime Minister how the huge debt burden left on the State, as a legacy of the previous Government, has made West Bengal No.1 debt¬-stressed State in the country. More than rupees 1 lakh Crore has been deducted by the Centre towards repayment of loan and payment of interest from the State exchequer over the last 3 years, she informed. This huge fund could have been utilized for our development activities and serving the poor, the Hon’ble Chief Minister informed and urged the Hon’ble Prime Minister to waive the debts in the interest of further growth and development of West Bengal.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid a courtesy visit to the Hon’ble President of India at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished a Happy Women’s Day to all the Mothers and Sisters of the world.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated 4-lane flyover connecting Kestopur and Jora Mandir at Kazi Nazrul Islam Sarani.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee left for New Delhi for a two-day visit. She will be meeting Hon’ble Prime Minister of India and discuss various issues.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished all a Happy Holi.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a meeting of the Agriculture Marketing Committee at Nabanna after a bumper crop of potato this year. She announced that the State will be buying 50,000 MT potatoes, which will be sent for Midday Meal Scheme. The Government has also decided to give Rs 10 Crore as transport subsidy to the traders so that they are encouraged to export the produce, Hon’ble Chief Minister announced.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at Basanta Sandhya today – a cultural evening dedicated to the spirit of Holi, the festival of colours. Held at Nazrul Mancha, the programme was organized by Kolkata Improvement Trust and Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority in association with the I&CA Department.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee felicitated personalities from the field of Fine Arts with Shilpi Samman at the Charu Kala Utsav, organised by the Information & Cultural Affairs Department, and Paschim Banga Charu Kala Akademi, at Rabindra Sadan. Paschim Banga Charukala Utsav started on 27 February will continue till 8 March, 2015 showcasing West Bengal’s fine arts.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated the Peace World at Topsia Hindu Burial Ground premises in a programme organized by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation. Set up in the model of the existing Peace Heaven, the Peace World will be totally supervised by the Government and is capable of persevering 24 bodies after death. A waiting room for the bereaved families, has also been set up in the premises.