- January, 2017
- January, 2016
- February, 2016
- March, 2016
- April, 2016
- May, 2016
- June, 2016
- July, 2016
- August, 2016
- September, 2016
- October, 2016
- November, 2016
- December, 2016
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- December, 2015
- January, 2014
- February, 2014
- March, 2014
- April, 2014
- May, 2014
- June, 2014
- July, 2014
- August, 2014
- September, 2014
- October, 2014
- November, 2014
- December, 2014
- January, 2013
- February, 2013
- March, 2013
- April, 2013
- May, 2013
- June, 2013
- July, 2013
- August, 2013
- September, 2013
- October, 2013
- November, 2013
- December, 2013
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee laid the foundation stone for a multi super specialty hospital at Uluberia along with many other developmental projects from a public meeting held at Amta in the Howrah district. She also launched the ‘Sabuj Sathi’ project for Howrah. Thousands and thousands of cycles under “Sabuj Sathi” scheme are given to school-going boys and girls. The Hon’ble Chief Minister flagged off 31 buses for 11 routes for the district. The Hon’ble Chief Minister inaugurated many other projects and distributed benefits to the people of the district.
• In honour of the great social reformer and architect of the Indian Constitution Dr B R Ambedkar, the State Government has decided to celebrate 'Ambedkar Diwas' all over the State on 30th December in a befitting manner. Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that she will attend the state-level program in Netaji Indoor Stadium on that day.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced that Suderbans region will become a full-fledged district. The decision was taken because the area is river-based and the people there have their specific problems, she said. The Hon’ble Chief Minister was on a visit to North 24 Parganas district and also flagged off Sabuj Sathi scheme for the district. She addressed a public meeting at Sandeshkhali, where she inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for a bouquet of projects. She also distributed several services including Kanyashree, Yuvashree, Sikshashree and a host of other such services.
• The West Bengal Government had instituted the ‘Biswa Bangla Sharod Samman’ in 2015 to honour the best Durga Puja committees in not just Kolkata and Bengal but across the globe. This year was the second season of the awards. Response from across various countries was huge. The prizes for the best puja committees were given away today by Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at a glorious ceremony held at Nazrul Mancha.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that the Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bhutan, Tshering Tobgay has kindly consented to participate in the Bengal Global Business Summit in January, 2016.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee felicitated tennis icons Martina Navratilova, Leander Paes, Sania Mirza and Mahesh Bhupati at Kolkata in a programme organised by Jaidip Mukerjea Tennis Academy and our Sports Department.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on a visit to Hooghly district, flagged off Sabuj Sathi scheme for the district. She addressed a Government programme at Arambagh, where she inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for a bouquet of projects including the renovated and modernised fifth unit of Bandel Thermal Power Plant.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has requested the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar and the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal to be present at the two-day Bengal Global Business Summit in January 2016.
• Out of 41 new super-specialty hospitals in the districts that the present Government had started setting up, 20 will be operational by January, 2016. Out of these 20 hospitals, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated two 300-bedded super-specialty hospitals at Nayagram in Paschim Medinipur and Barjora in Bankura on the day through remote control from Tehatta. The Hon’ble Chief Minister addressed a Government programme at Tehatta, where she inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for a bouquet of projects. She also launched the Sabuj Sathi scheme for the district of Nadia and distributed several Government benefits to the common people.
• The historic Land Boundary Agreement between India and Bangladesh was held in Dhaka in June 2015, where Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was also present. The first batch of 19 families consisting of 62 persons from Indian enclaves in Bangladesh who have opted to stay in India entered the country today through Changrabandha in Coochbehar. Hon’ble Chief Minister welcomed them and wished them a very pleasant stay in India.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present in a meet of the self-help group (SHG) members in at Netaji Indoor Stadium, organized by our by the Government under “Anandadhara” programme. Thousands of SHG members were present at the meet. In a short span of 3 years, this programme involving rural womenfolk has now evolved into a huge movement with more than 4 lakh 50 thousand SHGs and more under its ambit. The State Government is extending all support to the SHGs towards training, funding, marketing, interest subsidy and other areas.
• The Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) of West Bengal Finance Department has been awarded the highest Award of Excellence (1st Prize) by Computer Society of India-Nihilent, informed Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. This System has ensured faster fund movement to all offices and grants-in-aid institutions ensuring faster execution of development schemes and disbursement of scholarships and pensions. Out of about 250 nominations from different states all over India, 53 qualified for the Final Round. IFMS, West Bengal was finally selected for 1st Prize.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited Chandannagar during the celebration of the Jagaddhatri Pujas. Later on day she visited Babughat to convey her greetings and best wishes to the devotees during the Chhat Puja festivities.
• During the ongoing Kolkata International Film Festival, the State Government took a unique initiative to bring cinema to the masses, to every neighbourhood, every home. Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced that the initiative, Parai Parai Hollywood, had been taken up to showcase great Hollywood movies to be screened in neighbourhood parks. Movies are being screened at Harish Park, Tala Park, Deshbandhu Park, Golf Green, and Deshapriya Park during the festival dates.
• On the occasion of the birthday of the Nation’s first Prime Minister Pt. JawaharLal Nehru, which is commemorated as the Children’s Day, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee sent out her love and blessings to all the children.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee condemned the terrorist attacks in Paris and Beirut where innocent lives were lost and paid condolences to the families of people who died.
• The 21st Kolkata International Film Festival was inaugurated at the Netaji Indoor Stadium in presence of the legendary cine icon Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Sharmila Tagore, Mousumi Chatterjee, Vidya Balan and a galaxy of distinguished personalities from the world of entertainment, performing arts and different walks of life. A fantastic rendition, Kolkata-The Home and the World added a unique touch of melody to the occasion. The 21st edition will showcase 149 feature films from 61 countries and will be screened in 12 venues across the city. For the second year, KIFF is competitive with the highest-ever prize money in the country, attracting entries from some of the best masters in the industry. There will be sections focusing women film makers, films in regional languages and creations from some of the best names in the vast world of cinema. About 15 thousand people were present in the inauguration ceremony, the highest anywhere in the world, in an effort to by the Government to take the joy of cinema to the masses.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid tribute to legendary educationist and a great son of India Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his birthday, which is also commemorated as the National Education Day.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wishes all the people of the State on the occasion of auspicious Deepavali.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at the Bjioya Sanmilan celebrations with the State administrative and police officers at the Town Hall. The Hon’ble Chief Minister praised the work of various government departments and said the amount of money spent on development work had increased since last year. She also directed the officials to finish all the ongoing works by January 2016.She also said that Centre has been slashing funds for many developmental projects including ICDS, police modernization, Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyan, developmental programmes for backward regions like Jangalmahal. She said that even after repeated requests the Centre has not provided any financial assistance to the flood-affected people of the State. The Hon’ble Chief Minister today also launched the e-District service which will provide domicile, income and registry deed certificates online.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid homage to Deshabandhu Chittranjan Das on his birth anniversary.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held a meeting with His Excellency Mr Li Yuanchao, Vice President of the People's Republic of China and a 12-member delegation including 4 Ministers of China, in Eco Park, New Town. The Hon’ble Chief Minister informed that the Chinese delegation had expressed keen interest to further relations with Bengal and set up Economic Investment Zone in the State as their first preferred destination. China has expressed interest to set up an Auto Hub in Bengal apart from collaborations in several key areas of infrastructure development, she said. The State Government had expressed keenness to collaborate with China in infrastructure sector, tourism, educational exchanges, setting up of manufacturing hub and cultural exchanges, the Hon’ble Chief Minister informed. The Hon’ble Chief Minister invited the Hon’ble Vice President of China to send a delegation to the forthcoming Bengal Global Business Summit in January, 2016.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, on her 4-day visit to North Bengal launched the ‘SabujSathi’ scheme from a public meeting at Malbaazar of Jalpaiguri district. She inaugurated and laid foundation stones for several projects. During this visit to the Dooars, the Hon’ble Chief Minister explored various development issues inJayanti, Buxa, Alipurduar, Rajabhatkhawa, Jaigaon, Mal and also Coochbehar. She also interacted with thousands of people and talked about local issues.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee during her 4-day visit to North Bengal, inaugurated and laid foundation stone for several projects for the district of Alipurduar at a Government programme in the Alipurduar Parade Ground. She launched the ‘SabujSathi’ scheme for the district, where cycles are being distributed among school going boys and girls. She also distributed several benefits to the people of the district. On the day, Hon’ble Chief Minister said that if the owners of closed tea gardens in Dooars area cannot run the gardens, the state government would take them over. Hon’ble Chief Minister announced that there is a plan to set up a municipality at Jaigaon and make it a planned city.
• After her recent visit to Bhutan in October, a meeting was held between Hon’ble External Affairs Minister Norbu Wangchuk of Bhutan and Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Jaigaon on the Indo-Bhutan border. The construction of a second (new) gate of Bhutan like the entry point located at Phuentsholing, and a joint survey for development work, including an Immigration Check Post, on the Indian side, were discussed in the meeting among other issues.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee pays homage to Ritwik Ghatak on his Birth Anniversary
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched ‘SabujSathi’ scheme for the Cooch Behar district. The Hon’ble Chief Minister addressed a public meeting at Mathabhanga from where she inaugurated and laid foundation stones of several developmental projects. Besides the distribution of the cycles for the ‘SabujSathi’ scheme, the Hon’bleChief Minister distributed benefits like Shikshyashree, different credit cards, cheques for loans, equipment for fishermen and several other schemes. On the day, the Hon’ble Chief Ministerannounced a 50% subsidy to the small-scale industry sector in the district towards new investment.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressed grief on the passing away of long-serving former Speaker of West Bengal Assembly Hashim Abdul Halim.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressed grief on the passing away of noted industrialist Brijmohan Lall Munjal.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee reached Jayanti to start off her 4-day visit to the three district of North Bengal. She will be visiting the districts of Cooch Behar, Alipurduar and Jalpaiguri and shall be present in public meetings.