- January, 2017
- February, 2017
- March, 2017
- April, 2017
- January, 2016
- February, 2016
- March, 2016
- April, 2016
- May, 2016
- June, 2016
- July, 2016
- August, 2016
- September, 2016
- October, 2016
- November, 2016
- December, 2016
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- December, 2015
- January, 2014
- February, 2014
- March, 2014
- April, 2014
- May, 2014
- June, 2014
- July, 2014
- August, 2014
- September, 2014
- October, 2014
- November, 2014
- December, 2014
- January, 2013
- February, 2013
- March, 2013
- April, 2013
- May, 2013
- June, 2013
- July, 2013
- August, 2013
- September, 2013
- October, 2013
- November, 2013
- December, 2013
• Hon’ble Chief Minister met the five Bengal mountaineers, Ujjal Ray, Tusi Das, Chhanda Gayen, Debdas Nandy, Purba Sherpa, who scaled Mt.Everest recently, at Writers’ Buildings.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee condoled on the untimely demise of the national award winning filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh at his residence. She also paid homage to the eminent filmmaker at Writers’ Buildings and Nandan, West Bengal Film Center.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had a meeting with the representatives from Hotel and Airlines Industries at Writers’ Buildings. The main agenda of the meeting was to investment in tourism, starting more flights and other issues regarding economical development of state.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee greeted all the successful Madhyamik and CBSE candidates of West Bengal.
• State Government paid tribute to Rebel Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam on his 108th birth anniversary and Ram Kinker Baij, one of the pioneers of modern Indian Sculpture on his 114th birth anniversary at Writers` Buildings. Later a programme named `Nazrul Janma Jayanti` held at Nazrul Mancha was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. Joy Goswami, Jogen Chowdhury, Kazi Kalyani, Bibhas Chakraborty were also graced the occasion.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had a meeting with the Additional Director General (Crime Investigation Department) at Bhavani Bhavan regarding Chit Fund scam.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited Sector V Parkomat, Nalban Food Park, Oriental Fish Market and Rabindra Niketan to plan a beautification drive.
• The State Government paid tribute to the eminent social and educational reformer Raja Ram Mohan Roy on his 241st Birth Anniversary at Writers` Buildings.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee stated that the duped chit fund investors will be assisted by the government to get their money back, at Writers` Buildings.
• A new Health Insurance Scheme for performing artists and workers of the film, television and music industry, was announced by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Writers' Buildings.
• A meeting with Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Vikas Parishad (ABAVP) was convened by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Writers`Buildings to discuss about developments done for the tribal people.
• The present Government completed the two glorious years serving the people of West Bengal.
• The State Government conferred Banga-Bibhusan and Banga-Bhusan for excellence in different fields of art and culture, sports and literature in a programme at Science City Auditorium. The entire programme took place in presence of the Hon’ble Governor Mr M K Narayanan and the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
This year’s recipients are:-
Banga Bibhusan :-
Sri Amitabha Chaudhury, Sri Shaktinath Mukherjee, Sri Kashikanta Moitra, Sri Narayan Debnath, Sri Subir Sen, Sri Purnadas Baul, Sri Pradip Kumar Banerjee, Sri Chuni Goswami, Sri Gurbux Singh, Sri Tulsidas Balaram, Sri Sourav Ganguly, Smt. Sabitri Chattopadhyay, Sri Mithun Chakraborty, Sri Rituparno Ghosh, Sri Hosseinur Rahaman, Smt. Nirmala Mishra, Smt. Sandhya Roy, Sri Manoj Mitra, Smt. Thankamani Kutty, Sri Pratul Mukhopadhyay, Sri Shuvaprasanna, Dr. Samir Brahmachari, Sri B. K. Birla, and Sri Ang Narbhu Sherpa.
Banga Bhusan :-
Leander Paes, Sri Dibyendu Barua, Smt. Mantu Ghosh, Smt. Poulami Ghatak, Smt. Jhulan Goswami, and Sri Dakhin Chandra Murmu.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee congratulated the farmers of Bengal for procuring highest production of Boro rice. She also congratulated the Irrigation Department, Agriculture Department and especially the farmers for achieving success in the ` Jal Dharo Jal Bharo` scheme. An increment in wages for the Group D and Group C, casual/ contractual workers in the State, was also announced by the Hon’ble Chief Minister.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited ‘Roy Villa’ the dilapidated building in Darjeeling where Sister Nivedita breathed last. The building was under possession of GTA. By a tripartite agreement the building was handed over to State Government. The building will be used by Ramkrishna Mission for educational and cultural development of local people. It was announced that for infrastructural development a grant of Rs. 1 Crore will be given to RamKrishna Mission. Another building named Tenjing Norge Youth Hostel was handed over to GTA and it was announced that an amount of Rs. 1 Crore will be given to GTA for infrastructural development of youth hostel.
• The two books portraying the developmental work done by the State Government in the past two years was released by the Hon’ble Finance Minister Amit Mitra at Writers’ Buildings.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held a public meeting at Gorkha Rangamancha Bhawan in Darjeeling along with GTA Chief & other dignitaries. There she laid the foundation stone of Pedong Government College, Kalimpong Polytechnic, 3 ITI at Mangpu, Garubathan and Kalimpong, Tiger Hill Golf Course, Darjeeling Reserve Store, Dafay Munal Tourist Lodge, Mirik Fire Service Station and Mirik Polytechnic. She also inaugurated Kalimpong Tasi Ding Lodge and Fair Price Medicine Shop at Darjeeling District Hospital. She walked along with the Mal and met some tourists including foreigners.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee started for a 3 days district-visit to Darjeeling. In the evening Chief Executive of GTA and other dignitaries greeted her when she reached North Bengal.
• ‘Barge Service’ - an exclusive boat ride facility on river Hooghly for tourists, was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at a programme in the riverfront. The name of the luxurious Barge is 'Matsya Kanya-Naba Ahalya', the barge for tourism purpose is 'Hemlata' and the barge for Disaster Management is 'Hansa'.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid tribute to Kabiguru Rabindranath Tagore on his 152nd birth anniversary celebrated at Rabindra Sadan. A number of eminent Rabindra Sangeet singers Sumitra Sen, Dwijen Mukhopadhyay, Sandhya Mukherjee, Pandit Ajoy Chakrabarty, Sagatalakshmi Dasgupta, Pramita Mullick, Indranil Sen were also participated in this occasion.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had a meeting with officials to discuss measures being taken to check Dengue epidemic in the state at Writers` Buildings.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee presided over the industry core committee meeting held at Writers` Buildings, consisting of Industrialists, Ministers and Officials.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced that the Government has suggested a Social Security Scheme for the depositors` protection.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had a meeting with the Education Minister Bratya Basu and Prof. Sugata Bose, Chair of the Presidency Mentor Group, at Writers’ Buildings regarding development of Presidency University.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee discussed about various issues regarding the developmental projects in West Bengal with the President of India Pranab Mukherjee and Hon`ble Governor of West Bengal M K Narayanan at Raj Bhavan in Kolkata.
• To mark the valediction of the sesquicentennial celebrations of the Calcutta High Court, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lit the ceremonial lamp in a programme at Netaji Indoor Stadium. Hon'ble President Pranab Mukherjee, Hon'ble Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir, Hon'ble Justice of Supreme Court Surinder Singh Nijjar, Hon'ble Chief Justice of High Court Arun Mishra were also present in this programme.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee discussed about various issues regarding investment in West Bengal with the Chairman of the ITC at Writers’ Buildings.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid homage to the legendary Filmmaker Satyajit Ray on his 92nd birth anniversary at Writers` Buildings.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressed her earnest sympathy over the death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan.
• On the occasion of the International Labour Day, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee urged to uphold the rights of the working class.