- January, 2017
- February, 2017
- March, 2017
- April, 2017
- January, 2016
- February, 2016
- March, 2016
- April, 2016
- May, 2016
- June, 2016
- July, 2016
- August, 2016
- September, 2016
- October, 2016
- November, 2016
- December, 2016
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- December, 2015
- January, 2014
- February, 2014
- March, 2014
- April, 2014
- May, 2014
- June, 2014
- July, 2014
- August, 2014
- September, 2014
- October, 2014
- November, 2014
- December, 2014
- January, 2013
- February, 2013
- March, 2013
- April, 2013
- May, 2013
- June, 2013
- July, 2013
- August, 2013
- September, 2013
- October, 2013
- November, 2013
- December, 2013
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee felicitated 63 sportspersons of Bengal with Khel Samman for their valuable contribution in different forms of sports. The programme was organized by the State Sports Department in Netaji Indoor Stadium. 26 sports personalities received `Khel Samman` awards, 12 persons received `Krira Guru` awards and 20 persons received `Banglar Gourav` awards. Former skipper of the Indian cricket team, Sourav Ganguly and ace tennis player Leander Paes were awarded with prestigious `Khel Ratna` awards for life-time achievement to their respective sports.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee addressed a mass meeting at Barikul in Bankura during her district visit. She said that the state government wants to give forest rights to tribals which is their birth right. The Central Government should take necessary steps. The tribals have demanded rights over forests where they live. She said that she feels that they should have it.
• On the second day of her three-day visit to the three districts of Bankura, Purulia and Paschim Medinipur Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee addressed the 2nd mass meeting of the day at Shilda, Paschim Medinipur. She informed about the various developmental projects being taken up by the Government and said that the state government would take up a tourism project spread over Goaltore, Silda and other areas of the district for its economic development.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee addressed a public meeting at Baghmundi in Purulia during the second phase of her district tour. She took a firsthand report of the progress made in the various developmental projects. She said that the Government has plans to make Ayodhya Hills in to a tourism hub. Many initiatives are being planned like promoting cottage industry, handloom industry, promoting local or folk culture, providing shelters for people. All these will generate income for the local people.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee convened an administrative meeting in Purulia Zilla Parishad Auditorium. She took stock of the various developmental projects going on in the district. She later visited the Ajodhya Hills. She was the first Chief Minister in the last 40 years to visit the place.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee convened an administrative meeting at Singur BDO Office in Hooghly. She took stock of the different developmental projects going on in the district. The administrative officers of Hooghly district, were present in this meeting.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee addressed a Government programme at Kamarkundu in Hooghly. She inaugurated various developmental projects including bus service, fair price medicine shops etc. She told that the government has distributed over 1 lakh patta in 2 years time under the 'Nijo Bhoomi Nijo Griha' and the 'Adhikar' scheme has also been introduced for the poor people in the general caste. She announced that around 250 market hubs will be established in the State for self help groups so that they can sell their products. She informed the gathering about the recent projects like Kanyashree, Sishusathi and Yuvashree, those are going to be launched shortly.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister inaugurated the new terminal building of the Airport City project in Andal, Bardhaman. She christened the airport `Kazi Nazrul Islam Airport` after the rebel poet. In her speech, she announced that Rs10,000 Crores to be invested in Andal. Hon’ble Minister of Industry Partha Chatterjee, Hon’ble Minister of Panchayat Subrata Mukherjee, Hon’ble Labour Minister Purnendu Basu, Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim, Transport Minister Madan Mitra, Science and Technology Minister Dr. Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay, Minister of State, Micro & Small and Textile, Swapan Debnath and the Government Officials of Singapore alongwith the members of Changi Group were present on the occasion besides other dignitaries.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister held an administrative meeting with the Government officials at The Srijani Hall of the Durgapur City Center, Bardhaman. She took stock of the developmental projects going on in the district.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister attended a government programme in Kanksa, Bardhaman. In her speech, she said that the State Secretariat has come up to the district to monitor development work. She requested folk or local or cultural artists to put application with the BDO office so that they can avail the job opportunity, because Government will advertise its schemes through the artists and hence provide them with a monthly income. She informed the gathering about recent projects like Kanyashree, Yubashree and Sishusathi, those are going to be launched shortly. She said that the Government is working on several projects only to motivate people of Bengal to be self sufficient. Bardhaman will witness agricultural as well as industrial revolution, she added.Various benefits were distributed by the Hon’ble Chief Minister at this programme. Agriculture Minister Moloy Ghatak, Science and Technology Minister Dr. Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay, Minister of State, Micro & Small and Textile, Swapan Debnath alongwith local MLAs were present in the progromme.
• State Government paid homage to the legendary Rabindra sangeet singer Suchitra Mitra on her 89th birth anniversary at Writers' Buildings.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has named the new secretariat building at Howrah as 'Nabanna'.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated Synergy MSME 2013 at Milan Mela. She informed that the government was able to generate 2 lakh employment opportunities in the MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise) sector. In future the government is expecting to generate 1 crore employment in the sector and hence the MoU has been signed between the MSME department and other departments, she added. In her speech, the Hon'ble Chief Minister thanked UNESCO for setting up 10 rural craft hubs in the State. She assured the investors that, no crisis of any resource availability in West Bengal. The state has a perfect situation where they can invest money. On this occasion she announced the launch of 'Biswa Bangla Brand', the logo of which she had designed herself. 'Shilpa korun Bangla gorun' was the slogan of this brand. Exclusive products under this brand will be marketed in India and abroad, she said.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee met Hon’ble President Pranab Mukherjee at a closed door meeting in Raj Bhavan for the second time during the Head of State's three-day visit.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee convened a meeting with the State Planning Board at Writers' Buildings. It was after 41 long years that a Chief Minister was also present in such a meeting. She asked intellectuals, former IASs and ministers to present proposals for the short, mid-term and long-term planning for the development of the state. Former IAS officer and MP Mr Nitish Sengupta, physicist Mr Bikash Sinha, planning and development minister Mr Rachpal Singh, state power minister Mr Manish Gupta, and PWD minister Dr Sudarshan Ghosh Dastidar were present in the meeting.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee called upon the Archbishop of Kolkata, Most Rev. Thomas D’Souza, and assured him of the state government’s full support to the Church in running its schools. She made the call after the unfortunate death of an 11 year old schoolgirl who studied in a Missionary School in Dumdum.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee met Hon’ble President of India Pranab Mukherjee at the Raj Bhavan. The Hon’ble President of India is on a 3-day visit to the State.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited Purba Medinipur on her fourth day of district visit. She is on a tour of the districts to collect immediate knowledge about the progress of various state government projects. On Friday she held a high-level review meeting with the top officials of the Purba Medinipur district administration. In the meeting the Chief Minister reviewed the progress of the various development schemes in the district and the work of the district administration.On the same day she held a public meeting and announced a slew of projects alongwith many flood control measures to control flood in the district. Encouraging the youth of the region Hon'ble Chief Minister said that, no struggle goes unrewarded. Pointing the youth she advised them to accept every challenge and to excel in whatever they do. She distributed various scholarships and pattas and announced a number of projects for the district development.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held an administrative meeting before shifting key government departments from the state administrative headquarters in Writers' Buildings to the HRBC Building in Howrah.
She announced a host of development schemes for Howrah district in a official meeting at Panchla. She also announced that a number of industrial hubs are being constructed in Howrah and it is expected that 50,000 people will get jobs at these hubs. She also informed that every house in the district will get electricity and drinking water connections within five years in Howrah district.
Hon’ble Chief Minister also said that a number of new roads in Howrah will be constructed and old ones will be repaired to enable the people to have a better road communication facility. She requested the young talent of Bengal to work for the development of the State.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee condoled the unfortunate death of the student from the North Kolkata School. She assured the victim's family of action in the matter. She called up victim’s mother and expressed shock and grief over the girl's death, and assured proper action.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held an administrative meeting with all Departmental Ministers, district officials and police officers at Pailan. Later she addressed a gathering at Sarisha in South 24 Parganas. She informed them about Government's effort of developing the district. She even assured people saying that,the Government will reach the common people if they cannot reach the Government and its departments. She also informed people about the initiative taken to launch various schemes for their benefit and betterment.
Hon’ble Chief Minister inaugurated Hilsa Research Centre at Diamond Harbour. She said that the State Government is encouraging pisciculture through 'Jal Dharo Jal Bharo' project so that Bengal will soon be self sufficient in the fish production. She announced that the fishermen will be given identity cards . There also she announced various projects for the common people including Kanyashree, employment bank etc.
Hon’ble Chief Minister appealed people to be positive and be effective and not to indulge in anti-social activities. She appealed all, to maintain communal peace and harmony and to celebrate all festivals with equal zeal and vigour.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present in a public meeting at Kachchari Maidan in Barasat, North 24 Parganas.
She announced several projects like constituting disaster management teams to allotting carts to the vegetable vendors, Swarojgar Yojana, cycle and scholarship distribution etc. No sectors are left unexplored. The Government is working for the benefit and development of all, she added.
Hon’ble Chief Minister said that the Government have increased the subsidy for self-help group and is creating 100 markets all over the state so that they can sell their products easily. The initiative to create 341 kisan bazaars in all the districts has been taken up. She announced 2 more fair price medicine shops in the district at Bhatpara and Baranagar. She announced that stents required for heart operations is being given out at government hospitals for nominal prices. She announced the plan to establish 51 fair price diagnostic centers in the state and to include insulin in fair price medicine shops at 54% rebate. Cancer medicines are being distributed for free in various districts, she added.
Hon’ble Chief Minister announced the Kanyashree Project for the betterment of women, implementing from October 1st. A scheme for unemployed youth will also be implemented shortly. She announced Brand Bangla for the MSME sector, where thousands of youth will get employment. She announced identity cards for fishermen and work for artisans in the publicity of Government scheme.
Hon’ble Chief Minister said her government would not allow communalism in the state. She also ordered the administration to keep a vigil on unlawful activities.
Finance Minister Amit Mitra, Education Minister Bratya Basu, Labour Minister Purnendu Basu, Food and Supply Minister Jyotipriyo Mallik, Manjul Krishna Thakur, Health Minister Chandrima Bhattarya and the Members of Parliament Mukul Roy, Sougata Roy, Gobinda Chandra Naskar, Dinesh Trivedi, Kakali Ghosh Dastidar were present in the programme. Besides them local MLAs and the members of Zilla Parishad and other dignitaries were also present in the occassion.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at a press conference in Writers' Buildings announced that the State Government has decided to set up mega markets for farmers in all 18 districts of the state at a cost of Rs 150 crore in a PPP model, for the benefit of farmers of the State. This would help farmers to come out of the clutches of middlemen.
The Chief Minister said that the 'Kanyashree Project' will be launched on October 1 this year to benefit the girl child, and for the appropriate implementation of the same, 492 new posts have been created.
Hon’ble Chief Minister also announced the decision to set up Brand Bengal Marketing Corporation to promote marketing of different products by various enterprises under MSME sector. She said that the six West Bengal government-owned corporations — Tantuja, Manjusha, Resham Shilpi Samabaya, Bangashree, Khadi and Charmaja will be brought under one umbrella. With the launch of this corporation, marketing of all the companies under MSME sector will be brought under one roof for a better market linkage and return worldwide, benefitting the artisans and workers in the sector.
The Ramakrishna Mission has also been sanctioned a plot of five acres of land at New Town Rajarhat against payment of a token Rs 1 to set up the Centre for Human Excellence as existed in Chicago, USA, Hon’ble Chief Minister announced at the Press meet.
Hon’ble Chief Minister also announced that after 2 film cities, a tele-studio would also come up under Tele Academy at Baruipur to encourage young talents.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee distributed scholarships to minority community students at a programme organized by the West Bengal Minority Development & Finance Corporation at Netaji Indoor Stadium. She also distributed cheques for loans that have been sanctioned by WBMD&FC. On her speech, the Chief Minister announced different programmes that have been undertaken by the State Government for the minority communities. She announced that 1 lakh 76 thousand minority students will be given school uniforms. She said that minority bhavans are on the process in 19 districts. She also said that the budget for minority development department has been increased in the current budget. She said that everything will be done according to law for the protection of minorities as well as imams and muezzins and their development. Present on the occasion were MP Sultan Ahmed, Hon’ble Minister for Urban Development Firhad Hakim, Minister of Sports & Transport Madan Mitra, PWD Minister Sudarshan Ghoshdastidar, Correctional Services Minister Hyder Aziz Safwi, Library Minsiter Abdul Karim Chowdhury, Minister of State for Minority Development and Madrasha Education Giasuddin Mollah and other dignitaries.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at the sesquicentenary celebration of the noted playwright, poet and song writer Dwijendralal Roy at the site of the Dhanadhanya Stadium at Belvedere Road, in programme organized by the Information & Cultural Affairs Department. Schools and organizations were awarded for their performance on the Independence Day parade on this occasion. At the event the Chief Minister said that the Alipore Bridge will be named after the poet and an 1800-seater Open auditorium cum market place will be constructed at Alipore. The Hon’ble Chief Minister urged the new generation to promote Bengali culture. The programme was marked with performance by Nupurchchanda Ghosh, Alok Roychowdhury, Indranil Sen and artistes from Lokranjan Sakha. Noted singers and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister paid floral tribute to Ex President and educationist Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan on his 125th Birth Anniversary at Writers’ Buildings.
• On the occasion of Teacher’s Day, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee felicitated one hundred teachers from different schools across the state for their noted activity in spreading education, at a programme organized by the School Education Department, at Netaji Indoor Stadium. They were conferred with Siksha Ratna award by the State Government. Text Books with new syllabi for classes II, IV, VI and VIII of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, were published on this occasion by the Hon’ble Chief Minister.On her speech Hon’ble chief Minister said that the present government is setting up a number of colleges and universities in the state. She laid stress on a tension-free education with dedication, determination and discipline. Only bookish knowledge will not be adequate in today's world, extra-curricular activity like sports and games, drawing and painting, songs and dance are also important as well, she said.
Present on the occasion were the Hon’ble Minister of Primary & Higher Education Bratya Basu, Hon’ble Minister of Science and Technology & Bio Technology, Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay, Hon’ble Minister of Technical Education and Training, Ujjal Biswas, , Hon’ble Minister for Mass Education Extension and Library Services Abdul Karim Chowdhury, Hon’ble Minister of Transport & Sports Madan Mitra and other dignitaries.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced to launch a "Safe Savings Scheme", under the aegis of the West Bengal Finance Development Corporation, at a Press Conference in Writers’ Buildings. It will be a small savings scheme with a government guarantee, promising interest at par with nationalized banks, State Bank of India, Allahabad Bank, UCO Bank and the United Bank of India, with terms extending from one year to five years.
Hon’ble Chief Minister said that the scheme is slated to commence from October and has been initiated to ensure that people do not get cheated by depositing money with unscrupulous firms. The scheme is to be operated through four nationalized banks. Individual depositors will be able to invest a minimum of Rs.1,000 to maximum of Rs.1 lakh while families can di it up to Rs.5 lakh. Special counters will be opened at designated bank branches for this purpose. An investor will be allowed to withdraw his money just after three months.
On the subject of the Hills, Hon’ble Chief Minister said that the Prime Minister had assured her through a letter that there will be no meeting with GJM on Gorkhaland without the State’s consent. In spite of that, a meeting was held between the Central Home Minister and the members of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha. The centre has its own jurisdiction which it should not cross, she said.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was conferred the honorary title `Kingchum Daarmit` (Goddess of Fortune) by the Indigenous Lepcha Tribal Association (ILTA) at the Mela Ground in Kalimpong for taking initiative to form the Lepcha Development Board. She said that she has visited Darjeeling 20 times in 2 years only because she wanted development in all the Hills. She announced that she had love for all my hill brothers and sisters, Lepchas, Tamangs, Nepalis, every one, that is why she keeps coming here to the Hills.
She addressed the Lepchas as the original, first and the oldest inhabitants of Darjeeling and declared her respect for them. She said that the State Government will set up a Lepcha Heritage Centre, Lepcha Academy, a Community Centre, a library and introduce of Lepcha language in the primary classes from next academic year, besides construction of a building for Lepcha Development Board. She announced that 5000 youth will be given government jobs in the police force.
The Chief Minister said that autocracy is going on in the name of the agitation stalling the development of Darjeeling and some leaders are dictating the terms like saying to people to stay home and some time to stay out and denying them freedom from food and schooling. She said that these leaders do not understand the pain of the common people about closure of all establishments, including educational institutions.
Hon’ble Chief Minister reiterated that Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong are part of West Bengal and will remain so. She said that here is no question of separation.
Hon’ble Minister of North Bengal Development, Gautam Deb, MP Mukul Roy,the Chief Secretary of the State, the Home Secretary of the State and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
• State Government paid floral tribute to Mahanayak Uttam Kumar on his 87th Birth Anniversary at Writers` Buildings.