- January, 2017
- February, 2017
- January, 2016
- February, 2016
- March, 2016
- April, 2016
- May, 2016
- June, 2016
- July, 2016
- August, 2016
- September, 2016
- October, 2016
- November, 2016
- December, 2016
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- December, 2015
- January, 2014
- February, 2014
- March, 2014
- April, 2014
- May, 2014
- June, 2014
- July, 2014
- August, 2014
- September, 2014
- October, 2014
- November, 2014
- December, 2014
- January, 2013
- February, 2013
- March, 2013
- April, 2013
- May, 2013
- June, 2013
- July, 2013
- August, 2013
- September, 2013
- October, 2013
- November, 2013
- December, 2013
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that United Nation’s leading agency, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has announced to set up a unique Centre of Excellence in Entrepreneurship Training in Kolkata in association with EMPRETEC and our State Government. She informed that this Centre will be the first of its kind in the world, connecting not only all the States of India, but also the developing and developed Nations of the world, to nurture and handhold entrepreneurship. The Center will provide training, education, skill development along with access to finance to our aspiring entrepreneurs, she informed.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a review meeting with all the district officials and the officials from the State Secretariat, who are a part of her entourage, at the auditorium of the Purulia Zilla Parishad. Later the Chief Minister addressed a Government programme at the Telecom Ground in Lalpur, Hura, in the district. The Chief Minister had been insistent on all round development of the Jangalmahal area. She inaugurated several projects which include the administrative building of the Sidhu Kanu Birsa University, several girls` hostels, SNCUs, a mother & Child Hub at Deven Mahato Hospital, a Fair Price Medicine shop and other such projects. She also laid foundation stones of seventy projects including the Garpanchakot eco-tourism project, girls hostels, several Patha Sathis (motels), Karma Tirthas (marketing hubs), new roads under PMGSY, two electrical sub stations, irrigation projects etc.She distributed among the people of the district benefits like Kanyashree, forest pattas, special aid schemes for tribal people and other such aids and grants.The Hon'ble Chief Minister left for Bankura in the afternoon and chaired another review meeting, this time with the district official of Bankura, after reaching the district.
• On reaching Purulia, Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative meeting on developmental issues at the Purulia Circuit House with the district official in the evening.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished all Eid Mubarak.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a high level meeting with the officials of different banks at Nabanna on the state`s unique initiative, the Kanyashree project. The meeting reviewed the process of the transfer of funds for the Kanyashree project in to the accounts of the recipients who have registered themselves for this path breaking scheme.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a high level meeting at Nabanna with the Task Force to prevent price rise of daily necessities including controlling the price of potatoes. The Chief Minister asked the Enforcement Branch (EB) to take necessary measures. It has been asked to intensify vigil in the markets in Kolkata and the adjoining areas so as to ensure that potatoes are not sold at higher prices and that traders are not hoarding the vegetable. Hon’ble Chief Minister stressed upon opening more fair price shops as well as monitoring the existing ones. The state should give priority to its own demand and contain the rising prices of potato before transporting them to other states or countries.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that the government would launch `Karma Tirtha` hubs across the state that will be a one-stop shop for entrepreneurs to market their products directly to the consumers in rural areas. She said that at the moment, 229 Karma Tirtha hubs have already been sanctioned all over the State, 44 are ready and will be flagged off in phases from August 1 onwards when the Hon'ble Chief Minister will visit Bankura. The government plans to set up at least one Karma Tirtha in every Block of the state within next year, informed the Chief Minister.
• West Bengal has secured the first rank among States in strengthening rural connectivity. Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed all that West Bengal is No. 1 in the country in terms of strengthening rural connectivity and connecting habitations by rural roads network under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sarak Yojana, as reports show. She informed that Bengal has connected 235 habitations during the year 2013-14 for the month ending March, 2013 and 464 habitations during the year 2014-15 for the month ending March, 2014.
• Addressing a press conference at Nabanna in the wake of deaths due to encephalitis in North Bengal, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee informed that measures were being taken to stop the spreading of the disease. She informed that several animal farms in the State where breeding of pigs takes place, flout the norms leading to contamination, leading to the rise in encephalitis cases. Hon’ble Chief Minister said the Government will take action against such farms and other necessary measures. She said that the Government was doing its best despite shortage of staff in North Bengal.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee, at the annual Mahanayak Uttam Kumar Samman at Nazrul Mancha, felicitated cine personalities for their contribution to the Bengali film industry. The awards were instituted in the year 2012, on the initiative of the Hon’ble Chief Minister, in the memory of the legendary actor Mahanayak Uttam Kumar. Veteran actor Mousumi Chatterjee and Bengali film star Dev were the recipients of this year`s Mahanayak Samman (Female and Male respectively). Moonmoon Sen was awarded the Mahanayika Samman. Actors, Chiranjeet Chakraborty, Sabyasachi Chakraborty, Mamata Shankar and Debashree Roy were feted with Lifetime Achievement Awards. Special Film Awards were presented to actors Arindam Sil, Hiran Chatterjee, Abir Chatterjee, Indranil Sengupta, Ankush Hazra, Ritwik Chakraborty, Kharaj Mukherjee, Rudranil Ghosh, Mimi Chakraborty,Sayantika Banerjee, Paoli Dam, Nusrat Jahan, Sreela Majumdar and Anuradha Roy. Veteran playback artiste Kumar Sanu was felicitated with Lifetime Achievement Award for Music ,while Special Film Awards (Music) were presented to Shibaji Chattopadhyay, Arundhati Home Chowdhury and Adhir Chatterjee. Special Film awards for cinematography were given to Sirsha Roy and Shoumik Haldar while that of Editing was given to Bodhaditya Banerjee and Debkanta Chakraborty. Surinder Films received the Special Film award for the best Producer. Dipankar Chaki and Goutam Nag were awarded for sound recording while Azad Ahmed received the award for makeup. The award for art direction was given to Tanmoy Chakroborty and Goutam Bose while that for costume went to Sabarni Das. Special film awards for Direction were bestowed to Swapan Saha, Kamaleshwar Mukherjee and Prodipto Bhattacharyya. Hon’ble Chief Minister, on the occasion said that she firmly believed that the golden era of Bengali film and television industry will return. She said that it was necessary to honour talent in Bengal.
• A significant global recognition came on Bengal`s way with the State government`s flagship project for girls, Kanyashree Prakalpa, being presented at the Girl Summit 2014 in London, an event being jointly hosted by the UK`s Department for International Development and UNICEF. The London summit, part of a global movement to end early and forced marriage, will bring together activists and representatives of organizations from across the world. In Kanyashree, UNICEF is a lead technical partner with the West Bengal government.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative review meeting in Darjeeling. She took stock of all the developmental works being done in the district and took suggestions about other that may be done for the district. The officials concerned have been asked to prepare a master plan for the development of the three hill sub-division of Darjeeling in the meeting.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee laid the foundation stone for several projects in the Hills and inaugurated a series of projects at a government programme in Chowrasta, Darjeeling. She inaugurated a pipelined drinking water project in Darjeeling and laid the foundation stone for an animal safari park near Siliguri. The safari park would be set up on 261 hectares of land and visitors will have the option to travel through it by covered cars amidst of the wildlife. She also inaugurated the Regional Labour Office at Dagapur Complex in Siliguri.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wrote a letter to the Central Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Ms Nirmala Sitharaman to address the problems of the closed tea gardens in the state. She urged the Union Minister to take necessary steps for rejuvenating the tea industry. Hon’ble Chief Minister has also requested the Centre for a financial package which may benefit around three thousand tea workers.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative meeting at Kolaghat to review the developmental works being taken up in Purba Medinipur. Administrative officials from the district as well as the State Secretariat were present at the meeting. The review meetings are innovative measures where the Hon’ble Chief Minister takes stock of ongoing projects, clears hurdles by taking immediate decision and plans for newer developmental processes by inspecting the needs of the region at a firsthand basis. Hon’ble Chief Minister also addressed a Government programme at Kolaghat where she inaugurated 28 projects and laid foundation stones of 20 new projects.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held an administrative meeting in Paschim Medinipur. She also addressed a public meeting at the Kachchari Maidan in Salboni from where she inaugurated 37 projects. The Chief Minister also laid the foundation stones for 28 new developmental projects and gave away services to the people of the district. The 37 projects that were inaugurated by the Chief Minister a CT Scan unit at Jhargram District Hospital, pipelined water supply projects , women`s wings of Jhargram, Shalboni and Lalgarh colleges, polytechnic colleges, women`s hostels, schools and other such developmental works. Earlier she inaugurated the new cement factory of OCL India at Godapiasal Industrial Park.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at an Iftaar party organized by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation at Park Circus Maidan. On the occasion the Hon’ble Chief Minister presented a cheque of Rs 1 lakh to Ms Sana Afreen so that she may carry on her higher studies at IIT Kanpur overcoming her financial hardship.
• A five-member delegation comprising of Chairman and CEO of Singapore’s Changi International Airport met Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Nabanna, the state Secretariat. The meeting discussed several aspects on the Andal Airport City project that is being assisted by Changi International Airport authorities. Hon’ble Chief Minister had earlier named the airport after poet Kazi Nazrul Islam. Later, Hon’ble Finance Minister of the State Dr Amit Mitra informed that the Singapore Government has invited Hon’ble Chief Minister to visit the country.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee addressed a public meeting at Bolpur, Birbhum. She also chaired an administrative meeting with the district officials at Bolpur. This was her 63rd district-level administrative review meeting, in which she took stock of the progress of developmental works in the districts. At the meeting, the Hon’ble Chief Minister threw open several new roads, inaugurated new buildings for Excise and Health Department in the districts, SNSUs at different health centres, several ITIs, girl`s hostels, Kisan Mandis, model schools among other things.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a district-level administrative review meeting at Bardhaman. The innovative measure taken by the state government under the Hon’ble Chief Minister ensures that proper developmental works are carried out in districts by the administration. Officers from different departments of the state secretariat were present in this meeting. Later, The West Bengal Chief Minister also addressed a public meeting at the SAI Complex Ground at Bardhaman where she inaugurated and laid foundation stones of a number of projects.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative meeting at the Vidyasagar Auditorium in Chanditala, Hooghly. She reviewed the status of the developmental works undertaken by the government in the district. Officers from different departments of the state secretariat were present in this meeting. She also held a public meeting at the Janai Training High School Ground where she inaugurated and laid foundation stones of a slew of projects.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a meeting of the Task Force on prices to discuss the issue of rising prices of vegetables. Apprehending further hike in vegetable prices during the upcoming festive season, the Hon’ble Chief Minister directed Enforcement Branch (EB) officers to intensify vigil in the markets.
• Hon’ble Union Minister for Human Resource Development Ms. Smriti Irani paid a courtesy visit to the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the State Secretariat at Nabanna.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister unveiled the new look Nazrul Manch in a programme organized by the KMDA and KIT. The age-old open air auditorium has been modernized under the initiatives of the Chief Minister. A joint project of the KMDA and KIT, the renovated auditorium has a top coverage of around 4650 sq m and is now air-conditioned. It now has a seating capacity for an audience of 2500.Hon'ble Chief Minister also inaugurated eight new Critical Care Units (CCUs) for Government hospitals, mostly in the districts, from Nazrul Mancha. The eight new Critical Care Units are :
• Maharaja Jitendra Narayan District Hospital - Cooch Bihar
• Howrah District Hospital - Howrah
• Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital - Baharampur, Murshidabad
• ID & BG Hospital - Beleghata, Kolkata
• School of Tropical Medicine - Kolkata
• Deben Mahato District Hospital - Purulia
• Krishnanagar District Hospital - Nadia
• The Chief Minister handed over Sharad Samman Awards to Puja organizers. She said that like in previous years, puja committees are free to bring out immersion processions on Dashami (October 3) and the next day, but there will be no immersion on October 5, the day of Holy Id.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister was present at the Diamond Jubilee celebration of South Point School at Science City.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee attended the swearing ceremony of the Acting Governor Dr. D. Y. Patil.
• Three new ministers were inducted into the state cabinet. Sri Malay Ghatak will take over as the new Labour Minister. Sri Purnendu Basu will now head the Agriculture Department. Sri Jyotirmoy Kar is the Cabinet Minister for Co-operation Department. Sri Asish Banerjee is now Minister of State (Independent Charge) of AYUSH of Health and Family Welfare department and MOS, Department of School Education and Department of Higher Education. The new ministers were administered the oath of office by the Hon’ble Governor Sri M K Narayanan at Raj Bhavan.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at a public distribution programme in Raidighi, South 24 Parganas. She distributed a number of benefits, inaugurated a slew of projects and laid the foundation of several others for the district. More than one thousand students were given registration certificates of Kanyashree scheme. Cycles were distributed among girl students. She also distributed several beneifits like Geetanjali scheme, Aamar Bari scheme and power tillers and pump sets. In the evening she chaired an administrative meeting with district officials at Diamond Harbour.