- January, 2017
- February, 2017
- March, 2017
- January, 2016
- February, 2016
- March, 2016
- April, 2016
- May, 2016
- June, 2016
- July, 2016
- August, 2016
- September, 2016
- October, 2016
- November, 2016
- December, 2016
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- December, 2015
- January, 2014
- February, 2014
- March, 2014
- April, 2014
- May, 2014
- June, 2014
- July, 2014
- August, 2014
- September, 2014
- October, 2014
- November, 2014
- December, 2014
- January, 2013
- February, 2013
- March, 2013
- April, 2013
- May, 2013
- June, 2013
- July, 2013
- August, 2013
- September, 2013
- October, 2013
- November, 2013
- December, 2013
• The newly formed Department of Tribal Development, West Bengal Government, observed the Hool Dibas through a programme at the Kshudiram Anusilan Kendro. This day marks the anniversary of Santhal Rebellion and honours the contribution of tribal martyrs Sidhu, Kanhu, Chand and Bhairav. The Santhal Hool (rebellion) against the British Raj in 1855, two years before Sepoy Mutiny of 1857, is now considered to be India`s first freedom movement. The Department of Tribal Development also arranged the distribution of land pattas, cycles to girl students and musical instruments like dhamsa-madol to the tribal people. Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who was present on the occasion expressed her respect towards the Santhal people and their courageous fight against the then British Raj. She said that steps have been taken for the upliftment of people belonging to the backward classes.She said that Tribal Bhavans are being set up in every district.
• Union Minister of State for Petroleum (Independent Charge) Mr Dharmendra Pradhan paid a courtesy visit to meet the Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Nabanna.
• On the initiatives of Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, the state agriculture department will set up a Seed Commission to make Bengal self-reliant in seed production. Potato seeds are procured from Punjab while Jute seeds are brought from Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. Apart from the requirement for seeds of vegetables, pulses and paddy, the state also has a good demand for seeds of flowers and fodder. Last year onwards potato seeds are being produced in the state. Potato seeds produced in Bengal had been sent to Assam.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee formally announced the creation of Bengal's 20th district - Alipurduar - at a function held at Alipurduar Parade Ground. The new district was a long-standing demand of the people of Alipurduar. The function was attended by Speaker of West Bengal Assembly, local MLAs, MPs and other dignitaries, apart from the common people. At the function, Hon’ble Chief Minister said that, June 25 will be observed as Alipurduar Dibas every year. The new district consists of Alipurduar, Shamuktala, Kumargram, Falakata, Birpara, Kalchini, Jaigaon and Madarihat police station. Hon’ble Chief Minister congratulated every citizen living in this district. She said that the government will seek advice from several business houses and chambers on ways to boost tourism and industry.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee reached North Bengal. She will officially declare Alipurduar as a new district tomorrow. At the Bagdogra Airport she said that the creation of the new district will help both in the developmental and administrational works. This division will also help improving security along the International borders. After reaching Dooars, Hon'ble Chief Minister chaired a high level meeting with the administrative officials regarding the organzational set up of the new district of Alipurduar.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held a meeting with the task force members to control price of essential vegetables. She asked the officials and traders' forum to ensure that potatoes are not sold at higher than Rs 14 per kg. It was decided to set up eight fair price shops for selling vegetables in the city. The rise in onion prices was also taken up at the meeting today. It was decided that in case prices are not arrested then the proposed outlets or fair price shops might even sell onions as well.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee demanded roll-back of the 'unprecedented, anti-people' rail fare hike considering the problems faced by common people, while addressing at the state Assembly. Making a statement in the Assembly, the Chief Minister said that the decision to hike rail fare and freight rates had created problems for the masses.The increase in rail fare means increase in prices of all commodities. The decision will have an impact on the pockets which in turn will affect the kitchen of common man, she said.
• The importance of Kanyashree project has now been credited internationally, the Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee shared in social media. This unique and innovative project to protect girl child has been selected by the Department for International Development, United Kingdom and UNICEF for presentation at the “Girl Summit” 2014 to be held at London. The State Government has been invited to make a presentation of the scheme before a global audience.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister made a statement in the Assembly that, a new district in the form of Alipurduar will be created by bifurcation of Jalpaiguri. The functions of the new district will begin functioning from June 25, 2014.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee directed the administration of North 24-Parganas district to speed up pending and ongoing development projects in an administrative meeting with the district officials at Barasat. In the meeting the Chief Minister laid stress different developmental works in the district alongside the works for repairing embankment, breached in the cyclone Aila.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at a programme organized by the Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department at Netaji Indoor Stadium. She distributed scholarships and self-employment loans to the minority community students and entrepreneurs. She also felicitated students who topped the Alim and Fazil examination. On the occasion, Hon'ble Chief Minister informed that 14th August 2014, will be celebrated as Kanyashree Dibas. In her speech, she emphasized the spirit of communal harmony.
• On her way to the State Secretariat at Nabanna, Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid a surprise visit at the SSKM Hospital. She interacted with the families of the patients and checked whether they could avail the basic facilities. Hon'ble Chief Minister also took stock of the Fair Price Medicine Shops at the hospital premises.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid a courtesy call to the Hon'ble Governor M K Narayanan at Raj Bhavan.
• A meeting of the Industrial Core Committee was held at the Eco Park in Rajarhat. The meeting was chaired by Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. It was discussed in the meeting that investments to the tune of around Rs. 1 lakh 20 thousand crores have been received by the state with employment potential of 3.5 lakh. Stress was made on different industrial aspects including fisheries, food processing, tourism and other labour oriented industries in this meeting. Hon'ble Chief Minister also laid the foundation stone of a State- of-art 3000 seater Convention Center at New Town, Rajarhat.
• New scheme 'Shikshashree' was introduced by the Government enhancing maintainance/book grant for schedule castes(SC) and schedule tribes(ST) students, to be effective from 25 June onwards.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee tabled the state Home Budget for the current year in the State Assembly. While placing the budget, she mentioned that overall law & order and crime situation has improved and death due to political violence has reduced drastically in the last three years.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee reviewed the functioning of the different government departments in Howrah district. Chief Secretary of the state and other senior officials including the Howrah District Magistrate, along with elected representatives were present in the meeting which was held at Sarat Sadan. The Chief Minister told the officials to oversee the government schemes and make sure that they were being implemented properly in the district. She stressed on making up shorthalls in pace of work due to election and achieve targets as soon as possible.
• Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative meeting on the law and order situation of the state at Nabanna. Present at the meeting were the police superintendents from all the districts, the commissioners of the five police commssionerates, the IG and DIG of the state police. The Chief Minister instructed the officials to step up security measures as the situation may arise. She also instructed them to investigate complaints made irrespective of any colour.
• West Bengal Government is in the process of setting up 22 new municipalities in the state. The new municipalities will come up at Tehatta, Chanchal, Canning, Falakata, Kakdwip, Belda, Khatra, Gazole, Buniyadpur, Bally West, Andul, Domjur, Bagnan, Bakshirhat, Thakurnagar, Amta, Kolaghat-Mecheda, Amtala, Domkal, Tarapith and Mollarpur. In addition to this, discussion is currently going on to set up the 22nd municipality at Maynaguri.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a meeting with the officials of the Forest Department at Nabanna. It was decided in the meeting that an Eco-Tourism Advisory Board will also be set up to facilitate implementation of projects. Hon’ble Chief Minister also stressed on introduction of the bookings of Forest Dept. lodges, bungalows, safaris etc. for tourism purpose through the Tourism Department and better co-ordination with district authorities for efficient management of the forests in Bengal.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee felicitated the toppers of Madhyamik and the Higher Secondary examinations in Kolkata Town Hall. The students were awarded with laptops and watches. Hon’ble Chief Minister spoke to the students, going up to each of them, for over an hour. Altogether 54 students who topped the Madhyamik and 28 who topped the Higher Secondary were felicitated.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee while returning from North Bengal announced at Bagdogra, that a separate Finance Directorate will be formed for North Bengal. Issues like pension, salary, financial approvals will be addressed from the directorate. The establishment of a finance directorate is the second major administrative step after setting up of Uttarkanya, the Branch Secretariat in North Bengal.
• On the third day of her North Bengal visit, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative review meeting at Mongpong in Kalimpong. On her way to Mongpong from Madarihat, she paid a surprise visit a primary school at Grass More Tea Estate, where she inquired to the authorities about the mid-day meal scheme and other school related matters.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee observed World Environment Day by planting saplings at the Jaldapara tourist lodge and Holong Forest Rest House. She held meetings with members of the Tribal Advisory Council and the Uttar Banga Unnayan Parishad at Madarihat in Jalpaiguri. The Chief Minister also decided to make Jayanti, near Buxa, a model village. She announced that the Buxa Fort would be renovated and its infrastructure developed to attract more tourists. At the Uttar Banga Unnayan Parishad meeting, it was decided that members of the Parishad belonging to different political parties, headed by North Bengal Development Minister Gautam Deb and Irrigation Minister Rajib Banerjee , would go to Delhi to demand Central funds for river management in north Bengal.
• On the 2nd day of her four day visit to North Bengal, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held a public meeting at Madarihat in Jalpaiguri. She inaugurated and laid foundation stones of a number of projects. Among other things, she informed that the state Government has already brought 8.5 lakh girls under Kanyashree scheme while 13 lakh girls have registered. She informed that the target set is to reach 16 lakh. She said that the state will observe 14th august as ‘Kanyashree Dibas’ and will conduct registration drive across the State.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee toured Jayanti-Rajabhatkhawa area and held meeting with officials to boost tourism around Buxa Fort. At Holong, she named an elephant cub as ‘Erakshi’.
• The West Bengal Government along with the Cricket Association of Bengal and Kolkata Police gave a colourful reception to the 2nd-time IPL Champion Kolkata Knight Riders team members under the leadership of Shahrukh Khan at Eden Gardens. Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present at this felicitation programme.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative meeting at Uttarkanya, the Branch Secretariat at North Bengal. Administrative officers and top police officials from three districts of Coochbehar, Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling were present at this review meeting. After the meeting the Hon’ble Chief minister informed that 240 new buses will be in service in North Bengal before the Pujas. She said that a project of a new road connecting Siliguri with Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan has been proposed at a cost of Rs 1400 crore. She informed that the process for bifurcation of Jalpaiguri district and creation of a new district of Alipurduar is complete from the government’s side and it is waiting for the judicial ascent.